From 9:00AM to 3:30PM I was at the Bastyr University California campus completing my first day of orientation. I’m an extremely shy and quiet person if I’m put in a situation where I don’t know anyone. So, on my way to the campus I was excited but really nervous. Once I got there, however, that quickly changed thanks to the welcoming hug from Alison. I arrived 20 minutes early and there were two other ladies who arrived around the same time. From 9 until 10 we were given time to check in and have our pictures taken for our IDs. Eventually, more people began to trickle in until it was a full house (about 60 students I think). Here’s a rough copy of the orientation schedule:
- 9:00AM – Check in and ID photos.
- 10:00AM – Welcome to BUC from Vice Provost and Associate Dean
- 10:30AM – Introductions (staff and students had to go around the room and introduce themselves, give a little background, and give a fun fact; we (the students) also had to pin on a world map where we are from).
- 12:00PM – Representatives from the California Naturopathic Doctors Association gave a mini presentation.
- 12:30PM – Lunch with our peer mentors (mine wasn’t there so I had lunch with a different peer mentor – she was so nice!).
- 2:00PM – President of the Student Government Associations (SGA) gave a mini presentation.
- 2:30PM – Naturopathic Medical Student Association (NMSA) representative gave a mini presentation.
- 3:00PM – Last presentation of the day given by Director Heather Carrie on Health Policy and Leadership.