Let me start by saying Happy New Year! I know it’s been a while since my last post…but winter quarter started out with a bang and hasn’t really calmed down since the first day. This quarter is definitely a step up from last quarter, and the layout of the courses are a little different. It’s already Week 8 of 11…time is flying by, which is great but at the same time it’s overwhelming because there is still so much to study for and get done. I’m definitely feeling the pressure, and I’ve definitely had my days where I didn’t know if I could make it through that day, or the next day, or the next week, or even the rest of the quarter.
So here’s my schedule for winter quarter:
- (8:00AM) Naturopathic Theory and Practice II
- (9:00AM) Therapeutic Alliance II (every other week) – this quarter we are discussing cultural differences and cultural identity in a clinical setting.
- (10:00AM) Integrated Cardiovascular and Immune Systems (ICIS) – the integrated sciences this quarter are split into three 4 week sections: Week 1-4 Cardiovascular system, Week 4-8 Respiratory system, and Week 8-11 Digestive system.
- (3:00PM) Clinical Skills II
- (9:00AM) ICIS
- (11:00AM) Physical Medicine I (Hydrotherapy) – this is a pretty neat class – who knew that water was so healing! We learn about the history and various treatments of hydrotherapy, and in lab we practice these treatments on ourselves and/or classmates.
- (1:00PM) Physiology lab
- (10:00AM) ICIS
- (1:00PM) Naturopathic Theory and Practice II Lab
- (8:00AM) ICIS
- (1:00PM) Physical Medicine I Lab
- (1:00PM) Integrated Case Studies II
- (3:00PM) Gross Anatomy